The first step to enrolling is completing an application packet.
-Kindergarten students must be five years old by October 15 of the school year.
-Grade 1 students must be six years old by October 15 of the school year.
With the application packet, applicants must also submit the following documentation:
-Copy of most recent report card or transcript (if entering Grades 1-8)
-Copy Immunization Record (click here for a list of required immunizations)
-Copy of Baptismal Certificate, if applicable (those baptized at our parish do not need to submit this)
Completed applications may be mailed to the school or dropped off during school hours. Alternatively, you may scan and email your packet to Carmella Krenos, School Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application has been received and reviewed, you will receive an acceptance letter requesting your $100 non-refundable enrollment fee to complete enrollment and secure your child's seat in the classroom.
We want to ensure that we can properly serve your child's needs at Our Lady. Therefore, please note the following:
- You may be asked to participate in a student/parent interview as part of the application process.
- It is our policy that all new students entering grades 1-8 are accepted on a provisional basis for their first trimester. Student academic and behavioral adaptation and progress are monitored during this time to determine proper fit and placement for each student.
- At the discretion of the principal, transfer students may be required to take an entrance evaluation to assess background knowledge (does not apply to Kindergarten).
- Parents may be requested to obtain tutoring assistance for their child if there is an apparent need that such help would ease the academic transition between schools.
- Kindergarten enrollment is not completely guaranteed for any child until the completion of our Kindergarten Screening in the spring. Developmental readiness and the school’s ability to meet the needs of the child will be the determining factors regarding admittance into our program. If for one of these reasons Our Lady of Perpetual Help School should need to defer or deny admittance then a refund of your enrollment fee would be issued.