Dear Parents and Guardians,
It was wonderful to see so many parents at our Back to School Night on Tuesday. It was an excellent opportunity to see the classrooms, hear what the teachers have planned for the upcoming year and socialize with other families. There was also an information table for our new management system OptionC. If you were unable to attend Back to School Night and you have questions about OptionC please contact Mrs. Liliana Calantoni at email@example.com.
Mrs. Danielle Frio
Picture Day is this Friday, September 14. This is a DRESS UP day. Please be aware of the dress code for a dress-up day listed below, so your child is dressed appropriately.
Girls may wear:
● dresses, blouses and skirts /jumpers, or dress slacks (sweaters optional)
● No jeans
● socks or pantyhose, dress shoes (no high heels or sneakers)
● short dangling earrings and light colored nail polish
● light makeup is permitted for 7th and 8th-grade girls only.
Boys may wear:
● dress slacks, dress or sport shirts; jackets, sweaters, and ties are optional
● No jeans
● shoes and socks are mandatory (no sneakers).
Now that the school year is underway please make sure you are aware of the policies outlined in the Attendance section of the School Handbook.
● All students who enter school after the 8:25 bell are considered late and must report to the school office.
● A written excuse must be given to the homeroom teacher. (This does not apply to tardiness due to a school bus arriving behind schedule.)
● A five dollar fine will be imposed for each late occurrence from the 4th unexcused late arrival on. Being late for school will disqualify a student from receiving a Perfect Attendance award.
● Please telephone the school (610-868-6570) by 8:45 AM if your child is going to be absent from school.
● If possible make arrangements with a sibling or neighbor to take schoolwork home. Beginning at dismissal time (3:00 pm) parents may pick up work outside the office.
● Upon returning to school, your child must have a written note with a parent’s signature explaining the child’s absence. If a note is not forwarded within 3 days of the return to school, the absence will be recorded as unexcused and a five dollar fine will be charged.
● If a child is absent four or more consecutive days due to illness, a written note from a doctor must be presented upon return to school.
Appointments during School Hours
● Please try to schedule your child’s doctor, dentist, and orthodontist appointments after school hours. If this is not possible, your child must bring a written note to school in order to be dismissed during school hours.
● Parents must come to the school office to sign their child out of the building.
● Upon returning to school, the student must present a written notice from the doctor, dentist or orthodontist.
● Your child is responsible for obtaining and completing all missed assignments.
● Leaving school during school hours for appointments will disqualify a student from receiving a Perfect Attendance award.
Parents Night Out
PARENTS’ NIGHT OUT IS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21st.
(for OLPH students, K-6th)
Registration & payment must be received by Monday, Sept. 17th
(send to Jodi Ruggiero, c/o Piper, grade 4)
Snack stand will be open!
Monday through Thursday when picking up your child before 4 pm, enter through the front of the school and come to the Seventh Grade room. Please enter the building for pick up AFTER 4 PM through the gymnasium entrance. Your child can be picked up in the Marian Inn from 4-4:30 pm and the gym from 4:30-6 pm. (Times and location are subject to change throughout the year.) On Fridays beginning at 3:15 pm please enter the building for pick up through the gymnasium entrance.
Cougar Crawl 2018
Cougar Crawl donation letters (see attached) came home this week. We need your help! Family donations represent over 75% of the contributions made to this fundraiser. As in past years, we are asking EACH student to send out 10 donation letters to family and friends. We have done most of the work for you! Feel free to decorate and personalize your letter with markers, stickers or pictures as an extra surprise for your donors.
Students were sent home with 10 letters to be personalized as well as 10 envelopes. We are asking EACH student to do the following: * Personalize the letter to your family/friends and place in an envelope * Address and place a stamp on the envelope to send to family/friends. * Bring your 10 stuffed/addressed/stamped envelopes to school by September 17th. DO NOT MAIL THE LETTER YOURSELF. BRING INTO SCHOOL!!
If you bring your 10 COMPLETED (addressed/stamped) letters to school by September 17th you will receive a SPECIAL COUGAR CRAWL HOMEWORK PASS! This pass can be used in all grades and for any assignment of your choice.
Hello amazing youth groupians!! We have missed you the last few weeks and are looking forward to seeing you at our ESCAPE ROOM KICKOFF on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2018 6:15-8PM!!! All 6th-12th graders are invited to join us!
ALSO ATTACHED IS OUR NEW SCHEDULE! Woohooo! So much good stuff on there! Check it out!
Our PUTT U FUNDRAISER will be Sunday, Sept 16th 1-9pm. All you have to do is say Our Lady when you check in 🙂 Spread the word! Our annual Anchored Retreat at the beautiful Stone Lake Inn will be Sunday, September 23rd at Stone Lake Inn in Saylorsburg! It is FREE and awesome! All 6th-12th graders are welcome!!!
We will also have a service project each month. During September, we will be collecting books for backpack pals. You will find the information attached. You can drop off books at any youth group event in September. Each month we will be supporting a local charity.
Beginning October 4th-November 1st we will begin a new session of Theology of the Body for Junior High Students 6-8pm.
We look forward to seeing YOU soon!!! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out! firstname.lastname@example.org
High School Information
● Bethlehem Catholic Girls Basketball Little Hawks and Co-ed Baby Birds Basketball Program (see attached flyer)
● September 14, 2018 – Picture Day (DRESS UP Day)
● September 21, 2018- 12:00 PM Early Dismissal
● September 24, 2018 – Dress Down Day ($1.00)
● September 24, 2018 – Annual OLPH Golf Tournament (click here for more information)
● September 25-28, 2018 – Scholastic Book Fair (during Library classes)
● September 30, 2018-DIOCESAN FAMILY FEST-STEEL STACKS