As a community of clergy, families, and educators, we endeavor to meet the challenge of living the faith as modeled by Jesus, through worship, message, and service. We recognize that Christian education is a lifelong process, and we share a ministry that encourages the child's total development. We strive to be caring individuals, who nurture the spiritual, intellectual, social, physical, and psychological well-being of our students.
- To know, love, and serve God is the fundamental value of our school.
- Students, parents, and teachers are all children of God and therefore treat each other with dignity and respect.
- Our school community has the responsibility not only for increasing its knowledge of the Catholic faith but also the practice of it.
- Academic development achieves its fruition within the context of developing the whole person to its fullest potential.
- All students have the ability to learn but do so at different rates and in different ways.
- Students, guardians, and educators are essential components to academic success.
- All children have a right to a safe and nurturing learning environment.
- The atmosphere in our school should be conducive to learning and to the development of character and personal responsibility.
- Students should understand that success involves challenges.
- All members of our school community should feel welcomed and valued.
- Teachers should expect that students will exhibit academic effort and conformity to school regulations.
Profile of Graduate
The 8th Grade Graduate Lives Their Faith as Modeled by Jesus
- treats everyone as a child of God
- affords everyone the dignity and respect they deserve
- makes responsible choices based on a strong moral foundation
- practices their Catholic identity through prayer, worship, and the sacraments
The 8th Grade Graduate Meets With Academic Success
- reaches academic potential via various learning styles
- collaborates with parents, educators, and other students
- understands that success involves challenges
- utilizes learned techniques to be an independent thinker and learner
- strives for personal best
- possesses skills to be academically competitive and successful in life
- demonstrates critical thinking skills for problem-solving
- uses technology/digital media as an educational tool, media device, and communication tool
The 8th Grade Graduate Serves the Community and Serves God
- values the ideals of knowing, loving, and serving God
- recognizes that learning continues beyond the classroom in various ways such as the arts, athletics, and academic teams
- seeks to create a community that is safe and peace-filled
- sets a positive example and serves as a role model for others
- demonstrates confidence, faith in oneself, and one’s gifts
- views the environment as a gift from God and accepts his/her role as a steward of God’s creation
The 8th Grade Graduate Leads by Example
- assumes responsibility and acts appropriately using resources that are available
- understands their responsibility for knowing and sharing their faith
- practices their faith in thoughts, words, and deeds
- shares their talents in order to enrich other people’s lives