Volunteer Clearances Checklist
- Background Check Authorization Form: Complete the Background Check Authorization Form from the Diocese of Allentown.
- DHS Fingerprinting: Go to the IndentoGO website and volunteers use service code 1KG6ZJ for a Department of Human Services (DHS) background check. Please submit a copy of the response from the state. For Employer, please use OLPH, 3221 Santee Rd, Bethlehem PA 18020. Payment codes can be obtained upon request.
- Criminal History Record Check: Follow the steps for a New Volunteer Record Check on the Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History website. Please submit a copy of the clearance form.
- Child Abuse Clearance: Create an individual account on the Child Welfare Portal www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home. Apply as a volunteer. Payment codes can be obtained upon request.
- Protecting God’s Children Session: The Protecting God's Children program is a virtual training that includes videos and question and answer segments. Please visit the Virtus website to register. Click here for complete instructions.
- Mandated Reporter Training: Go to the Pennsylvania Child Welfare Resource Center website to complete the training (approximately a 3 hour online course) at www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu. Click here for complete instructions.
- Child Protective Services Law: Please read the Child Protective Services Law. Download, print and sign the Child Protective Services Law Policy Acknowledgement Form.
- Code of Conduct 2022: Please read the revised Diocesan Code of Conduct for Clergy, Lay Employees and Lay Volunteers. Download, print and sign the Acknowledgement Form.
- Sexual Abuse Policy 2022: Please read the revised Sexual Abuse Policy. Download, print and sign the Acknowledgement Form.
- Social Media and Electronic Communications Policy 2022: Please read the Social Media Policy. Download, print and sign the Acknowledgement Form.
- National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR): Applications should be submitted to the DHS directly. You will need a copy of the response from the state. Clearance is required every 5 years. Please select: Volunteer of a child-care provider, group-daycare home or family child care home.
Once you have compiled all of the paperwork for all of the items on the checklist, put them in an envelope marked Safe Environment Coordinator - Attention Monica Henrich. Envelopes can be dropped off at the school or parish offices.
Please MAKE A COPY OF EACH ITEM to keep for your records before sending the information to the office.
If you have any questions please contact Monica Henrich at email@example.com.